Organize an amazing birthday celebration for your children in a fantasy world! You can assemble a unique programme, choosing from many options. It’s up to you what you choose!
An experienced guide will introduce you to the mysteries of film making, special effects and film tricks. Using examples in our exhibition, they will explain how the magic of Karel Zeman’s famous films such as Journey to the Beginning of Time was made and tell behind-the-scenes stories from the film sets. Children will surely enjoy our interactive areas and treasure-hunting games specially designed for our museum. As souvenirs, children can take photos and videos like on the sets of Zeman’s films, as well as self-made badges.
What does a birthday programme look like?
The arrival, welcome and production of the birthday badges: our guide will welcome the birthday child and everyone will create their own thematic or hand-painted birthday badge. A tour of the Karel Zeman Museum accompanied by the commentary of our experienced guide will introduce the children to the secrets of Karel Zeman’s film production and his films, for example, Journey to the Beginning of Time and Invention for Destruction. Children will love the exhibition environment where everything is designed for the pleasure of interaction. There will be also a motivational game prepared for them, at the end of which they find a treasure (the trilobite from the Journey to the Beginning of Time or the submarine from Invention for Destruction). The guided tour and game will be adjusted to suit the age of the children.
In a creative design workshop, the children can use their imagination to create an original artifact – a lamp made from film strips, their own “stolen airships”, postcards decorated using the lino-cut technique, matte-paintings with dinosaurs or birthday masks made from film strips. In all of which, they will be guided by an experienced tutor who will explain the production processes involved and provide them with all the materials necessary.
Animation workshops in which children become animators and, in two hours, make their own animated film.
The spectacular cruise in the ElektroNemo on the Devil’s Canal/Čertovka and Vltava River, which lets children experience the magical atmosphere of the most romantic part of Prague from the water. Just take a seat and live the adventure! We recommend using the cruise as an opportunity for a birthday celebration. Take advantage of the great atmosphere and have cake and drink a toast while on board! We are able to arrange a small table for the cake. The capacity of the boat is 26 persons, the cruise lasts 45 minutes and includes guided commentary by the captain.
Free entertainment includes the coloring of a gypsum trilobite or submarine, refreshment, congratulations and an opportunity to give presents to the birthday child. It is also possible to screen the short film Mr. Prokouk.
- Celebrations are possible from Monday to Sunday from 10:00 to 18:00
- We take two adults as free escorts, though the participation of parents is not mandatory. It is always possible to buy extra tickets, according to the valid price list of the Karel Zeman Museum, for any other adult participants in the celebrations.
- Throughout the whole celebration, there is a room available which you can decorate and prepare according to your wishes. We can decorate the tables for you thematically to create a birthday atmosphere.
- Parents can participate in the preparation and programme of the celebration, but they can also leave the whole preparation to our experienced guides.
- In a case of interest we can provide graphically well prepared birthday invitations with the motives of Karel Zeman’s movies.
- You can bring your own refreshments or you can order from the following:
- Non-alcoholic beverages from the museum shop
- Pizza from the adjoining restaurant for a discounted price of 150 CZK
- 16 pieces of mixed fresh sandwich baguettes (meat, vegetarian, fish, etc.) for 6-8 persons for the great price of 343 CZK
- A mixture of 14 sweet muffins for 399 CZK
The Price of the Celebration
Admission to the exhibition for one child 160 CZK
Admission to the museum and boat cruise (one package) for one child 350 CZK
Animation Workshop for one child 290 CZK
Art workshop for one child from 30 to 90 CZK depending on the selected workshop.
Organizational services 1 000 – 3 000 CZK depending on the demands of the programme and the preparation of the celebration.
Booking a Celebration
To schedule a celebration to suit your needs or to make a reservation, please send us a message via the contact form below. We will contact you within two business days and together we will schedule a unique birthday party!
- *Your personal data will only be used for the purpose of processing your order and will not be provided to third parties.